80 N. Glebe Road,
Arlington, VA 22203
703-841-3871; Fax: 703-524-2741
Dr. Patricia Maloof, Program Director
Migration & Refugee Services
Resettlement and Placement Services:
(Only for new arrivals through our agency)
- Housing during the first 30-120 days after arrival
- Provision of donated household goods in housing prior to arrival List of donated items
- Provision of food
- Case management services in culturally appropriate languages
- Cultural and community orientation
- Orientation to public transport and used cars to get to employment sites (when available)
- Transportation, accompaniment, and interpretation services at initial appointments at the Department of Social Services to register for social security card, at schools to register children, at initial health appointments, and at ESL classes among others
- Referrals to other services as needed such as mental health services, etc.
- Interpretation services as needed
- Matching with volunteers who aid in cultural and community orientation, in-home ESL tutoring, transportation, etc.
Employment Services including:
(Available for any refugee and asylee living in Northern Virginia up to 5 years after arrival or asylum approval)
- Pre-employment training
- Resume building
- Computer training and technical career training
- Assistance in identifying employment opportunities
- Assistance in applying for employment
- Interview Preparation Assistance
- Transportation to, interpretation for, and advocating for the client on interviews
- Following the client through the placement process
- Legal Immigration Services
MRS welcomes refugees and asylees living in Northern Virginia up to 5 years after arrival or asylum approval to participate in our Employment Services. Please note that the MRS Main Office in Arlington is no longer able to accept Walk-In Clients without an appointment. All Walk-In Clients must schedule an appointment by calling the MRS Main Office in Arlington at 703-841-3876. No Walk-in appointments will be scheduled after 4:00p.m. The MRS Main Office and all MRS Regional Offices are closed to the public on Thursdays. For all general inquiries, please call the MRS Main Office in Arlington.
Click here for information on the Virginia Refugee Student Achievement Project (VRSAP).