The St. Lucy Project
Feeding the Hungry, Nourishing the Soul
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (CCDA) believes passionately in a future without hunger. Right now, approximately 219,000 people (from Feeding America statistics) in our diocese are food insecure—they do not know where their next meal will come from.
In response, Catholic Charities has re-energized its food distribution program by adding a food donation and wholesale distribution location in Manassas, and increasing food to its three CCDA pantry locations in—Alexandria, Front Royal, and Leesburg. The warehouse connects a diocesan-wide network of many parish and interfaith/community based pantries. These pantries are served by your support of donated food, time or financial gifts in support of The St. Lucy Project.
316 E Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176
703-443-2481 (Emergency Assistance); 703-443-6693 (Family Services Counseling)
Telephone hours: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 703-443-2481
- Food assistance: Monday to Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Financial assistance by appointment only: Monday to Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Limited financial assistance for rent and utilities
- Limited emergency food assistance
Information and referral to Catholic Charities and community services such as counseling, medical, financial, educational, governmental and other services.
Catholic Charities established the emergency financial assistance program to help those who are experiencing a one-time financial crisis in their lives. We help or assist in the prevention of homelessness and the cut-off of essential utilities. We serve residents of the Diocese of Arlington regardless of their race, creed, religion or national origin.
The demand for these services is very high and we have limited funds, so assistance is given on a first-come first-serve basis. Those who are eligible for assistance must be seen in person at the Catholic Charities emergency assistance office.
Proof of income:
- Court-ordered child support
- Worker’s compensation
- Social security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Recent pay stubs
- Market rent – (unable to help if you are living in Section 8 Housing, public housing, or subsidized housing of any type)
- Unable to assist if you are renting a basement or room
- Written lease in your name
- Late or eviction notice in your name
- W-9 form (completed by landlord/property manager)
- Written lease in your name
- Past due bill in your name with cut-off notice
Thursday — Friday, by appointment (evening hours available). Call 703-443-6693
Outpatient psychotherapy and psychological consultations are available for individuals, couples, and families, available at the Leesburg Regional Office.
- Clinicians can assist with:
- marital and relationship problems
- anxiety and depression
- grief and loss
- adolescent issues
- parenting concerns
By appointment. Call 703-425-0100.
- pregnancy counseling
- temporary foster care for infants and young children
- adoption: domestic and international
- post-adoption counseling